Over 2,700 flights are booked daily with the help of Airpoints™. Discover the possibilities for yourself and be rewarded for the things you do every day. Airpoints is Air New Zealand's loyalty programme. Anyone can join and membership is free. As an Airpoints member you can earn Airpoints Dollars™ in so many ways, which you can then spend on flights, rental cars and other things that make life and travel more enjoyable. You'll also earn Status Points when you fly with us or our partner airlines, which upgrade your membership tier to Silver, Gold or Elite giving you access to a range of great travel benefits.
You can earn Airpoints Dollars™ in the air and on the ground. Plus, earn Star Alliance Points on eligible purchases2 with the HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card1 and convert3 your points to Airpoints Dollars5. With so many ways to earn you'll be able to get your first reward in no time. Simply enter your Airpoints number when you book a flight or with one of our travel partners.
Airpoints Dollars can be spent on flights with Air New Zealand, as well as partner and Star Alliance airlines. You can also used them to pay for rental cars, holidays, wine and Koru membership.
About Status Points and tiers
You'll earn Status Points every time you fly with us* or on selected services from Star Alliance and other partner airlines. Status Points add up to make you eligible for Silver, Gold or Elite tier status. As you move up the tiers, you'll enjoy great extra travel benefits and privileges. Learn more about how Status Points works and the great tier benefits you could soon be enjoying.
Understanding your online account
Watching your Airpoints Dollars and Status Points add up is easy with your online account. Simply click on the "sign in" button on airnz.co.nz and enter your membership number and password to manage your profile, see how you've earned Airpoints Dollars and Status Points, or to spend your Airpoints Dollars. You can also sign in to the Air NZ app, which will display your upcoming Air New Zealand flights.
Check your Airpoints Dollar balance on the go
Find your Airpoints number and keep track of your Airpoints Dollars and Status Points balances wherever you are with the Air NZ app.
Frequently asked questions
I've forgotten the password and/or username I made up when I registered online. What should I do?
Can I purchase Airpoints Dollars™?
Can I use Airpoints Dollars™ to upgrade my booking?
Can I transfer my Airpoints Dollars™ to another member's account?
What happens to my Airpoints Dollars™ if I move away from Australia?
I have recently changed my name, how does this affect my Airpoints or Koru membership?
How can I update my personal information and contact details for Airpoints™?
Can I exchange my Airpoints Dollars™ for cash?
* excluding greenlight grabaseat fares via grabaseat.co.nz and fares purchased using Airpoints Dollars
1. Credit card provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit License 232595. Offers available to new , approved HSBC credit cardholders. Fees, charges, terms, conditions and HSBC's lending criteria applies to all credit cards issued by HSBC. Visit www.hsbc.com.au or call 1 300 30 8 880. Interest rates are valid at the time of publication and are subject to change. HSBC Star Alliance Rewards Terms and Conditions and Star Alliance Rewards Terms and Conditions apply.
2. Eligible purchases exclude interest free promotional purchases, balance transfers, cash transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, BPAY®, any disputed transactions and government fees and charges.
3. Convert your Star Alliance Points to award miles or points in your chosen Frequent Flyer Program of the participating Star Alliance member airlines. Subject to your membership in the Frequent Flyer Program (FFP) of the relevant Star Alliance Member Airline. Transaction limits and other reasonable redemption conditions of Star Alliance Rewards apply. See the list of FFPs of participating Star Alliance member airlines.
4. To be eligible for Fast Track to Star Alliance Gold status Welcome Offer, you must apply and be approved for a new HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card and spend $4,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from account opening. Star Alliance Gold status is granted through the corresponding status tier in the Frequent Flyer Program (FFP) of the participating Star Alliance Member Airline you nominate as your Status Airline through the Star Alliance Rewards Program. Refer to the Star Alliance Rewards Terms and Conditions for available status tiers and additional terms and conditions. A status will be granted within 30 days after reaching the qualifying spend of $4,000, provided that your account is active and not in arrears. Your status will be granted until the first anniversary of your account opening or earlier, if you qualify for a higher status wit h y our selected Frequent Flyer Program by any means. You may not be able to receive Star Alliance Gold status with a participating Frequent Flyer Program if you already hold, by any means, an equivalent or higher status with that Program (more information available on the Star Alliance Rewards Terms and Conditions). You may only request status with one participating Frequent Flyer Program each time you qualify and may not switch Programs during the duration of that status. Any status granted under the HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card (including any corresponding status tier in the Frequent Flyer Program of the participating Star Alliance Member Airline you nominate as your Status Airline) is withdrawn immediately if you close your HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card account. Offer is limited to new applicants only. Existing HSBC customers transferring from another HSBC credit card or customers who have held a HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card within the last 18 months are ineligible for this offer.
5. Convert your Star Alliance Points to Airpoints Dollars with Air New Zealand, subject to your membership in the Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme. Transaction limits and other reasonable redemption conditions of Star Alliance Rewards apply.