Find out how to receive our travel alert information.
Quarantine-free travel between Australia and New Zealand
Travel from Australia to New Zealand
Quarantine-free travel from Australia to New Zealand has been suspended until at least 24 September 2021.
We will continue to operate our quarantine-free services from all states, except New South Wales, up to 11:59 pm Friday 30 July to allow people who normally reside in New Zealand to get home, without needing to go into managed isolation.
Keep an eye on the New Zealand Government COVID-19 website for information on the provision of red flights after 30 July.
Travel from Victoria
Eligible travellers from Victoria or travellers from other states/territories who transit through Victoria after 11:59 pm on 23 July must meet additional criteria to be able to return without going into managed isolation. For more information about eligibility, please see here.
Pre-departure tests are required
Anyone travelling on a quarantine-free flight from Australia to New Zealand will require a negative pre-departure test 72 hours before departure. Please see here for further information.
Travel from New Zealand to Australia
Our schedule will be significantly reduced between 31 July and 24 September, you can view our expected schedule here. We will notify you or your travel agent if there are any changes to your flight.
Getting in touch
Following this latest New Zealand Government announcement, we are experiencing a very high volume of calls and messages. If you have booked directly with us, we encourage you to go online to change your flight or hold your fare in credit to use at a later date.
If you have booked via a travel agent or third-party online agent, please contact them directly for help with your booking.
For more information about travel flexibility, please see here.
Managed Return Flights from New South Wales
All available spots in MIQ from 26 July to 8 August have now been allocated.
The Government continues to work through options to get everyone home. For updates please see here.
For customers booked to travel on a managed return flight:
- Your flight number from Sydney will start with an '8', i.e NZ864.
- On arrival, you will go into a managed isolation facility for a period of 14 days.
- There is no need to separately book a place in a managed isolation facility, an MIQ space has been automatically confirmed.
- Before your departure, please check your travel & entry requirements via the COVID-19 website.
Quarantine-free travel from Australia - Pre-departure testing
Travel on a quarantine-free service from Australia to New Zealand now requires a negative COVID-19 pre-departure test taken no more than 72 hours before the scheduled departure time of your first international flight. Negative pre-departure tests will only be required if you have been in Australia for more than 72 hours.
Travellers from New South Wales entering managed isolation on arrival to New Zealand are exempt from this requirement.
It is incredibly important that all customers (including New Zealand citizens and residents) read and understand their entry requirements for New Zealand.
Important information from the New Zealand Government for pre-departure testing:
- You must present a negative PCR or RT-PCR pre-departure test to enter New Zealand.
- If you have received a COVID-19 vaccination, you will still need to take a test.
- COVID-19 testing and result certificates for travel clearance are only accepted if provided by private pathology clinics.
- Free community testing clinics do not comply with New Zealand Government requirements.
Testing labs must be able to issue you a dated report that should have:
- Your name
- Your date of birth and/or passport number
- The date and time the test was conducted
- Name of the testing lab
- Test type
- Test result
You will be asked to provide the above information to a Customs officer when entering New Zealand.
All travellers arriving in New Zealand without evidence of a negative pre-departure test provided by a private pathology clinic and containing the above information may be transferred to a Managed Isolation and Quarantine facility for 14 days.
The following entry requirements also apply:
- A completed Nau Mai Rā travel declaration
- Confirmation you have not been in NSW or VIC in the 14 days prior to your flight's departure, or any other location of interest.
Please ensure you have completed the above entry requirements prior to arriving at the airport for check-in.