Paying for flights with Airpoints Dollars™
Paying for a flight with Airpoints Dollars is easy because one Airpoints Dollar is equal to one Australian Dollar. If you don't have enough Airpoints Dollars, you can pay for your flight with a mix of Airpoints Dollars and cash using Airpoints Flexipay. For any associated airport or government costs you can choose to pay for these by credit card or POLi.
Air New Zealand flights
Spend your Airpoints Dollars on any available seat on any Air New Zealand flight. Remember, one Airpoints Dollar is equal to one Australian Dollar.
- Book online: Simply sign in to your online account with your Airpoints™ details before or while you are booking your flight and select to pay with Airpoints Dollars at the payment stage
- Book by phone: Have your Airpoints number ready when you call our contact centre
- Book via travel agent: Provide your travel agent with your Airpoints number at your time of booking
Star Alliance flights
Your Airpoints Dollars could take you further than you expect with the ability to spend your Airpoints Dollars on a range of reward tickets for flights with our Star Alliance partners. Use your Airpoints Dollars to book Star Alliance airline flights by calling our Air New Zealand contact centre. A limited number of these reward tickets are available on each flight, so it pays to book early.
You can use Airpoints Dollars to pay for some flights operated by our Alliances partners directly through the Air New Zealand website. These flights are:
- United Airlines operated flights between Auckland and San Francisco
- Air China operated flights between Auckland and Beijing
- Cathay Pacific operated flights between Auckland or Christchurch and Hong Kong
- Qantas operated domestic Australia flights purchased in conjunction with an Air New Zealand international flight
To book a flight from one of our other partner airlines, call our Air New Zealand contact centre.
Gifting Airpoints Dollars
You could use your Airpoints Dollars to give the gift of flight to those living in your household. And in some instances you may also be able to extend your gifting to those outside your household. Find out more.
As an Airpoints member you could be eligible for access to specially priced companion tickets when you purchase a Business class, Premium Economy, Economy Flexi, Flexi Works or Flexi Works Deluxe ticket. Find out more about how to use your Airpoints Dollars on companion tickets.
When you fly internationally with Air New Zealand, you can use your Airpoints Dollars onboard to purchase food & beverages*, wine, merchandise, or Koru membership via your seatback screen. You can purchase movie upgrades on Seat and Seat + Bag fares for 10 Airpoints Dollars - just sign into your Air New Zealand account to start shopping.