Travel insurance with Covid-19 cover
Buy a travel insurance policy that can cover you for Covid-19. With medical expenses and including on-trip additional expenses cover, you can travel with peace of mind.
All international single trip travel insurance policies receive the additional benefits listed below relating to specified Covid-19 related events.
There are further exclusive benefits when travelling to New Zealand.
It is important to note that Covid-19 cover in the policy does not apply in the event that any government calls for border closures or travel restrictions.
- Cancelling your trip if you have Covid-19
- Emergency medical expenses
- Repatriation to help you get back home
- Your travelling companion(s) or people you live with being diagnosed with Covid-19
When travelling to New Zealand:
- Additional expenses if you are ordered to self-isolate in your holiday accommodation if you have Covid-19
- The people you're staying with on holiday being diagnosed with Covid-19
When you book your flights online, you can also add our one-step travel insurance on the Extras page.
If you change your mind about your holiday, you can also request a refund or credit of your travel insurance policies.
What's not covered
Note: This is a summary of key benefits. Read the relevant policy wording for full benefits, exclusions and terms and conditions.
Policyholder must be an Australian citizen or resident.
Travel must originate in Australia.
Before you travel, you'll need to know:
- check that the Australian Government (smartraveller.gov.au) say it's safe to travel to your destination. It's important you check your destination is safe to visit regularly as advice can change. The cover for trips to New Zealand does not depend on the advice at smartraveller.gov.au
- check your destination's local government advice, safety guidelines and entry requirements.
Note: If the travel advice changes while you're on holiday, you will be covered if your destination was listed as safe when you commenced travel.
Please contact Cover-More Travel Insurance on 1300 728 016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any Covid-19 travel insurance queries.
What countries does my travel insurance provide cover for?
If I fall ill with Covid-19, and require medical treatment overseas, are Medical expenses covered?
If I fall ill overseas with Covid-19 and need to be repatriated home, am I covered?
If I am diagnosed with Covid-19 and can't go on my trip, can I claim my cancellation costs?
I've decided I need to self-isolate due to possible contact with Covid-19 (not close contact) and no longer wish to travel. Can I claim for a trip refund under my policy?
There are no government restrictions in place to travel to my destination, but I'm required to quarantine on return from my trip. I no longer wish to travel and want to cancel my holiday. Am I covered?
While on my trip, I'm denied entry to a country due to government restrictions imposed in the arriving county on travellers from countries I have visited en route or from which I have departed. Am I covered for the costs to change my trip?
I am an essential Health Care worker and my leave is cancelled due to Covid-19. I need to cancel my trip. Am I covered?
My flight has been cancelled or re-scheduled due to Covid-19. Can I claim for a refund?
How do I make a claim?
Limits, sub-limits, conditions and exclusions apply. Insurance administered by Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713) and issued by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507). Any advice is general advice only. Please consider your financial situation, needs and objectives and read the Combined FSG/PDS before deciding to buy this insurance.