With The Peak’s 280 hectares of skiable area, snow sports centre, kids’ programmes, rental department and retail offerings, there is something for everyone. Earlybirds and night owls are welcome as First Tracks starts at 8am and on Fridays and Saturdays we finish late with Night Skiing, a truly magical experience for all ages. Accessible by 18km sealed road just 25 minutes from central Queenstown makes it so easy.
An extensive state-of-the-art, fully automated snowmaking system boosts Mother Nature’s snow helping coverage during the season, from the beginning of June to early October.
Mind blowing views, awesome roller coaster terrain and incredible back bowls to throw down a challenge to the very best. It’s no wonder why some of the best ski racers in the world use Coronet Peak on their international training circuit. As New Zealand’s best known ski area, it is a must do activity for any Queenstown visitor and a firm favourite amongst locals.
A visit to Queenstown isn’t complete without skiing Coronet Peak and sister mountain The Remarkables, available on the same pass.
- Varied terrain - perfect for all abilities
- Easy 25 min self-drive or coach from Queenstown on a sealed road
- Night Skiing & First Tracks combined makes it NZ's longest mountain resort opening hours
- Quick and easy on mountain rental system
- High-speed quad chairlift & four surface conveyor lifts to beginners terrain
- High-speed quad & six-seater chairlifts to general terrain
- All day supervised kids' programmes for 3 months upwards
- Free day lift passes for children aged 5 years & under
- Comparatively consistent coverage thanks to snowmaking
- Numerous food and beverage options including Heidi’s hut
Scheduled season dates: 16 June - 2 October 2019*
25% (includes the back bowls)
1 high speed six seater
2 high speed quads
4 surface conveyor lifts
M1 – 2.4km
Kids 'Fun Zone' and and new freestyle terrainoff Coronet Express Chairlift
Fully licensed restaurant, bar and café
Sub Station on the sun deck
Ice Bar at the top of Greengates
On-snow Heidi’s Hut European Bistro at Rocky Gully
Guest Services & Ticketing
Rental - skis and snowboards, boots and poles, ski & snowboard repairs, ski & snowboard storage
Retail outlet - ski accessories and clothing
First aid and emergency services
Skiwiland - Licensed Early Learning Centre and all day dedicated children’s programmes at Kea Club
Air Bag operating weekends and night skiing hours
Children aged 5 and under ski for free and youngsters aged three months to five years can be enrolled in the fully-licensed Early Learning Centre, Skiwiland, while the older ones get to enjoy daily lessons in the Kea Club.
Twilight/Night Skiing: Fri & Sat 4-9pm, July - September, plus Wednesday night skiing in July
First Tracks: 8-9am, July until late September
Tubing: 10am to 4pm Tubing
*Scheduled season dates are indicative only and dependant on weather and snow conditions.