Terms & Conditions
- Fares may be changed to another Air New Zealand domestic fare before or after departure by calling 13 24 76. Additional payments will apply as follows:
- A Contact Centre or airport service fee of AUD $25 per person, per one-way journey. No service fee applies to changes made online at www.airnewzealand.com.au*
- Where a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare, the difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare is payable
- No service fees or fare difference will apply to flight changes made at the airport on the day of departure where changing to an earlier or later flight** departing that day. Flight changes are subject to seat availability. All other changes will be subject to the above service fees plus any Fare Difference
- Flexirefund fares are fully refundable up to the day of departure (unless previously upgraded from a Smart Saver fare when the amount paid for the Smart Saver fare remains non-refundable)
- Cancellations made after the day of departure will incur an AUD $50 refund fee per person, per one-way journey
- Name changes are not permitted
- Airpoints™ members will earn Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points when travelling on Flexirefund fares. See the earning rates look up table^
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0 - 23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (free of charge for domestic New Zealand flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the applicable child fare level
- Flexirefund fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows:
- May only be combined with other domestic New Zealand fares
- May not be combined with international fares unless booked in Y class
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees. Please note that bookings made through the Air New Zealand Contact Centre will incur a booking service fee calculated per person each one-way journey
* Online changes permitted only if original booking made online. Please note not all bookings are able to be accessed online.
** with the same origin and destination within New Zealand only. Please note that we are unable to change your flight if you have already checked in your baggage for your scheduled flight
¹ Flights booked in conjunction with Airpoints reward classes (x,i), and travel industry classes (n,r) and free tickets, prize competition tickets and tickets purchased using using Airpoints Dollars or Fly Buys points are not eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars or Status Points.
^ Changes to Airpoints Dollar and Status Points earning rates; on Air New Zealand, Star Alliance and Partner flights, took place effective from 31 March 2014. For earning rates applicable before this date please view the following charts - Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollar Earning Chart, Airline Partner Airpoints Dollar Earning Chart and Status Points Earning Chart.