grabaseat™ fares are our lowest fares for travel within New Zealand. These fares sell out quickly so book well in advance to find these low fares.
Terms & Conditions
- Fares may be changed up to the day before departure to another Air New Zealand Domestic fare. Additional payments include:
- a Contact Centre, Air New Zealand Holidays Store or Airport service fee of AUD $25 per person, per one-way journey. No service fee applies to changes made online*
- a change fee of AUD50 per person, per ticket (infant fares exempt)
- any difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare when a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare
Note: changes to limited life sale fares once sales have expired are only permitted by paying the difference to upgrade to a higher class fare plus the change fee of AUD $50.
- If you upgrade to a Smart Saver or Flexi Plus fare and later cancel the ticket, only the difference between the original fare booked and the upgraded fare is eligible for refund*
- Tickets are non refundable
- Full refund of unused tickets in the event of death of the passenger or his/her immediate family or any person booked to accompany the passenger
- Name changes are not permitted
- grabaseat™ fares do not permit:
- earning of Airpoints Dollars™ with Air New Zealand or other frequent flyer points or miles with any of our partner airlines, however they do earn Status Points1
- Seat request. Your seat(s) will be allocated at the airport before departure (when seat changes may also be requested).
- purchase of Companion Tickets using Airpoints Dollars
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0 - 23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (free of charge for domestic New Zealand flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the applicable adult fare level
- grabaseat™ fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows:
- may only be combined with other domestic New Zealand fares
- may not be combined with international fares
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees. Please note that bookings made through an Air New Zealand Contact Centre will incur a booking service fee calculated per person each one-way journey
*Online changes permitted only if original booking is made online and must be completed at least 24 hours prior to departure. Please note - not all bookings are able to be accessed online.
¹ Flights booked in conjunction with travel industry classes and free tickets, prize competition tickets and tickets purchased using Airpoints Dollars or Fly Buys points are not eligible to earn Status Points.