Touch of Gold
Terms and conditions
Thank you for your interest Airpoints™ programme. Applications for this Touch of Gold promotion have now closed.
- Applications for the Touch of Gold promotion is open to Airpoints™ members who:
- live in New Zealand or Australia as shown by the member's residential address as listed in their Airpoints membership; and
- hold current Gold or higher status with another airline.
Applications submitted using a Gold or higher frequent flyer status with a Star Alliance airline™ or Cathay Pacific frequent flyer programme are ineligible for the Touch of Gold promotion.
- Touch of Gold six-month trial membership is offered in limited numbers, and may be withdrawn at any time without notification.
- Customers accepted into the Touch of Gold promotion will not receive an Airpoints membership card, bag tags or welcome pack.
- Participants must download the digital card through the Air New Zealand app and ensure they enter their Airpoints number into all eligible bookings in order to receive their Touch of Gold benefits.
- Touch of Gold benefits will apply for six months from the date of acceptance into the Touch of Gold promotion. The Touch of Gold trial membership includes the following benefits:
- lounge access, two short haul recognition upgrades, access to OneUp upgrades, complimentary frequent flyer seating, baggage privileges and priority travel benefits, as further detailed at Touch of Gold Benefits.
- All other benefits referred to as Gold Benefits are not available to the Touch of Gold trial membership.
- Information on benefits specific to this promotion is found here
- Confirmation on whether application for promotion has been successful or declined will be emailed to the member within 10 business days of the application email being received by Air New Zealand.
- Acceptance is at our sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Customers accepted into the Touch of Gold promotion will be eligible to receive Airpoints Gold status at the end of their Touch of Gold trial as follows:
- The Status Point balance in the respective Airpoints account will be topped up as at the date of acceptance into the Touch of Gold promotion to 450 Status Points (these are non-flight Status Points). Any customers with an existing Status Points balance will receive such additional Status Points as are required to bring that member’s Status Points balance to 450. Any Status Points expiring during the Touch of Gold trial will not be counted.
- Customers must have earned an additional 450 Status Points during the Touch of Gold trial through travel on Air New Zealand, Star Alliance and Qualifying Partner Airline flights, booked in eligible booking classes.
- Air New Zealand will review the customer’s Status Points balance at the end of the Touch of Gold trial. If the customer has earned the additional 450 Status Points, to have a total balance of 900 Status Points, that customer will receive Airpoints Gold status for the following 12 months. Information about the Airpoints Gold benefits are set out here
- If the customer does not earn the additional 450 Status Points during the Touch of Gold trial, or if they do not have a balance of 900 Status Points when the account is reviewed, the customer will be downgraded to Airpoints Nominated Silver status. No silver card or pack will be produced for nominated status. Nominated Silver members receive all Silver Airpoints membership benefits excluding the Recognition Upgrade.
- Upgrade to Airpoints Gold or downgrade to Airpoints Nominated Silver status will take effect on the first day of the month following the member’s review.
- It is the obligation of each customer to ensure that they add their Airpoints number to eligible bookings and/or make bookings via logging into their Airpoints account.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure their account activity and accruals are up to date and any expected Airpoints Dollars and Status Points are checked by them.
- Customers can track their membership earning by logging in to their online account.
- Customers can check potential Airpoints Dollars and Status Point earnings by checking the online Airpoints Calculator for Australian based members Or Airpoints Calculator for non-Australian based members.
- Airpoints Terms and Conditions apply.