Smart Saver fares
Terms and conditions
- Fares may be changed up to the day before departure to another Air New Zealand Domestic fare. Additional payments include:
- Through a Contact Centre or airport, a service fee of AUD $25 per person, per one-way journey applies. No service fee applies to changes made online*
- a change fee of AUD $50 per person, per ticket (infant fares exempt)
- any difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare when a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare
Note: changes to limited life sale fares once sales have expired are only permitted by paying the difference to upgrade to a higher class fare plus the change fee of AUD $50.
- If you upgrade to a Flexidate fare and later cancel the ticket, only the difference between the original fare booked and the upgraded fare is eligible for refund
* Online changes permitted only if original booking was made online and must be completed at least 24 hours prior to departure. Please note - not all bookings are able to be accessed online.
- Tickets are non refundable
- Full refund of unused tickets in the event of death of the passenger or his/her immediate family or any person booked to accompany the passenger
- Name changes are not permitted
- Airpoints™ members will earn Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points when travelling on Smart Saver fares. See the earning rates look up table
- Smart Saver fares do not permit earning of other frequent flyer points or miles with any of our partner airlines or the purchase of Companion Tickets using Airpoints Dollars
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0-23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (free of charge for domestic New Zealand flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the applicable adult fare level
- Smart Saver fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows:
- may only be combined with other domestic New Zealand fares
- may not be combined with international fares
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees. Please note that bookings made through the Air New Zealand Contact Centre will incur a booking service fee calculated per person each one-way journey
¹ Flights booked in conjunction with travel industry classes and free tickets, prize competition tickets and tickets purchased using Airpoints Dollars or Fly Buys points are not eligible to earn Status Points.
^ Changes to Airpoints Dollar and Status Points earning rates; on Air New Zealand, Star Alliance and Partner flights, took place effective from 31 March 2014. For earning rates applicable before this date please view the following charts - Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollar Earning Chart, Airline Partner Airpoints Dollar Earning Chart and Status Points Earning Chart.