Congratulations to our winners:
Air New Zealand 2020 Christmas Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed as acceptance of its terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents who are aged 18 years or over, live in either New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia and who comply with the entry criteria set out in these terms and conditions (“Eligible Participant”).
- The promotion commences at 06:00am AEDT on 19 November 2020 and closes 07:00am AEDT 10 December 2020 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries received after this closing time will be ineligible for entry.
- The promoter is Air New Zealand Limited, Level 12, 7-15 Macquarie Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000, (ABN 70 000 312 685) (the “Promoter”).
- Air New Zealand (the “Promoter”), its employees and their immediate families, participating agents and their associated agencies are ineligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person for tampering with the entry process.
- Conditions of Entry:
How to Enter:
To enter the competition an Eligible Participant must visit the Air New Zealand Facebook page, find the Air New Zealand Christmas competition post published on 19 Nov, and comment underneath the post with their answer to the competition question: “Tell us your favourite Christmas memory in 25 words or less” during the Promotional Period, as well as the State they live in. This will give the Eligible Participant one entry into the draw.
- There will be one prize pool for each Air New Zealand serviced State (being New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia).
- Participation in the Promotion is limited to one entry per person.
- Five winners will be chosen from the five prize pools on 14 December 2020 at 12PM at Air New Zealand Limited, Level 12, 7-15 Macquarie Place, Sydney, NSW. The winners will be chosen based on the most creative competition answers by the judge/s. Attempts will be made to notify the winner via direct message on Facebook and their name will be published on the Air New Zealand website. If a prize winner wishes to claim their prize, the prize winner must confirm this and also their eligibility to win under these terms and conditions by 15 December 2020 at 5pm. If the prize winner fails to do either or both of those things by the deadline, that prize winner will be deemed to have forfeited their prize.
- The name of the prize winner(s) from any redraw will be published on the Air New Zealand website on 16 December 2020. In the event that the redraw winner does not claim their prize or is ineligible, the Promoter will conduct further redraws until the prize is awarded (subject to any further regulatory directions).
- Subject to any written directions given under Reg. 37 of the Lottery and Gaming Regulations (SA) or other applicable law, in the event that any prize winner forfeits their prize or a prize remains unclaimed by 15 December 2020 at 5PM then the a further draw(s) will be conducted following the same procedure as the original draw. The redraw will take place on 16 December 2020 at 12PM at the same place as the original draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The total prize pool is valued at up to AU$25,000. The prize value is valid as at 18 November 2020 and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any subsequent variation in prize value.
The winner of each prize pool will win:
Return economy class “The Works” airfares for two adults from either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth (depending on the State that the winner lives in) to Auckland on Air New Zealand direct operated services, up to the value of AUD$2,500 per return flight. The winner and their travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel on the same flights. Travel to or from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, or Perth airports is expressly excluded from the prize.
- The prize winner is responsible for paying all additional costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included in this clause, including (where applicable) transport, meal costs, spending money, visas, insurance and all other incidentals.
- The prize cannot be converted into cash and is not transferable. If the return flights for two (2) are less than AUD$5,000 total, the winner will not receive any unused value of the prize as cash or any other alternative.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
- Subject to the State legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
- Prize travel can only be taken once travel restrictions between Australia and New Zealand have been lifted and leisure travel has commenced. Flights are subject to booking and flight availability. Bookings must be made at least 30 days prior to departure. Australian school holidays and public holidays are not included in the available travel period. Prize must be claimed by 10 December 2021 and if it cannot be redeemed prior to this time, the prize is forfeited with no compensation.
- All prize travel will be subject to Air New Zealand’s general terms and conditions, and Air New Zealand’s Conditions of Carriage, to view visit www.airnewzealand.com.au. Prize travel will not be eligible to accrue Airpoints Dollars™ or Status Points and cannot be used in conjunction with Air New Zealand’s Airpoints™ Programme or any other carriers’ frequent flyer schemes.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
- The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. Acceptance of the prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the winner’s details and photographs for promotional and media purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant. Please refer to Air New Zealand’s Privacy Statement at https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/privacy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information.